Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Chamado a Servir

Hoorah! Time for another update from Brasil. Otimo!

Ok so this week to cover some of the highlights of the week I thought I would play a game called Mad LIb, or is it called Mad Gab? I am not sure. Anyways, its a game where I write the story, and then leave blanks through out it, then I ask my companion Sister Donaldson, for an adj, noun, verb, adverb, etc. THen I fill it in. We are suppose to be one in purpose and heart, but it looks like we need to work on that a little more... hehe. But it sure is funny.. here it goes- oh her answers are in CAPS so you can know who is the crazy one!!

I love the CTM! It is so TOOTHLESS. The teachers here are SHORTSIDED and they are very COMMUNIST to us missionaries. This past week there was another futebol game... all day long there were HISTORICAL fireworks going off. It felt like it was INDESCRIBABLE. Luckily, the won, 3-0. Yay.

THe Português is FROLICKING along quite JOVIENTLY. We have already EATEN four different tenses. I just wish I could remember BUNKBEDS of verbs to actually conjugate. Oh! And something that is really LOST BUGGAGE, every Sunday night before our fireside, we DESTROY the Brazilian National Anthem. It is the most STEALTHY awesome thing. I highly EMBELLISH listening to it if you can find it online... it is long FRUMPY and TREEHUGGER fast! We have all started to learn and HIDE it. I wish everyone could VANQUISH the Brazilians sing it though.. they have ARDOUS national pride... its unlike anything I have ever seen.

Oh and I guess that I am finally glad that I BREAK the piano. I have had to play HORIZONTALLY here, and I have a feeling it will only shrink my whole mission. In other news, our Brazillian roomates left which makes us PIGISHLY sad. They are so sweet. I hope that we get new Brazilian sisters ANEW. My companion Sister Donaldson is PLAID. She continuesly TAPS me to be ESPLENDOR. I love her!

hahaha...so as you can see, SIster Donaldson and I are having a grand time here. and about that national anthem, woo wee! It seriouslt is amazing!!!

My district is awesome, it is so fun to see everyone grow together. This week one of the Elders, Elder Myers said something that really struck me- we are at the Missionary Training Center, not the Language Training Center. So true. It is so easy to feel inadequate- we spend all our day studying, but I still feel like it is not enough time. The language is just not going to come in 2 months, as badly as I want it to, and so I have to be patient enough to let it come. It is so easy to spend all day studying the language- but that is really not effective. There is so much that I need to know besides Português.

I have been working really hard to know the scriptures better, I know that one of the blessings that I have received from being here is the ability to memorize scriptures. I have always struggled just knowing where scriptures were... I am embarrised to say that I just knew that Moroni´s promise was somewhere at the end of the Book of Mormon... But now I memorize a scripture everytime I run. One day I do it in english, then the next day I memorize it in Português. And so for the first time, I am memorizing scriptures! It takes me awhile though, and so I have a long way to go!

Another thing that I have felt really strengthened is my testimony of Joseph Smith. (You say it josefee smichee here!) I have been feeling so grateful for the restoration. It truly is incredible, and such a powerful thing to testify of- even in my lacking português.

Well I am so grateful to be here- and to have this chance to learn and grow. It is so easy to feel inadequate in this work, but ultimately I have to remember that I am a human doing the Lord´s work. it is His work, and so He will strenghtne me to be the person I must be!

I love you all!! Thank you for the letters- nothing brightens my day more!!!

Love
Sister Melanie Monroe

PS. If you want to write me, DearElder.com is free, and it comes super fast to me. I am a huge huge fan of it. Oh and if you get an email from MissionTies... it is from me! Dont delete it!! THey have this service where you can write letters, and then they scan it in and email it for free... way cheaper and faster than actual letters. And this means that I can write my friends who are in places I cant send letters to!! Yay!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home