Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Short One

Ok, so for real, this is a short letter- I have no time today! We are in Rebeirao Preto for the Day because my companion needs to go to the doctor- nothing serious, but there goes our Pday. But I cant complain because honestly this past week flew by. Where did October go?

In other brief news it looks like I will be a missionary for Halloween! Wahoo! Apparently they celebrate it here…but not like at home.. I will update you next week how it is.

Ok, I am really sorry this is awful and short, but we had an awesome week- with a baptism yesterday!! Wahoo!! of Naiara’s brother Jefferson, and he was sooo excited! We have been incredibly blessed by the Lord with many people to teach.

Lastly, I just want to bear testimony of the Spirit. It is truly only as we live the gospel that we will find more peace and joy in our lives. There is not substitute for the joy of the gospel- all other things of the world seem happy for a while, but they will fade. I have found more joy, happiness and peace then I ever thought possible these past few months. I am so grateful for the joy of the atonement, and for the joy of living. How awesome that we have each day at our hands to improve and be more like Christ.

I love you all- I received a bunch of letters today when we passed by the mission office- it felt like Christmas. I never thought I would be so happy to receive letters and packages…they are better then any other thing! Thank you all sooo much!

my prayers are with you all-
com amor
Sister Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home