Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Guerra

Well... this letter will be short because I am having computer difficulties today, that would be the computer and not me, who is having difficulties! I like what Michael said the other day about the internet- it’s like the water- you never know when its going to shut off. Luckily I can’t complain that the water shuts off here... but I will say I am looking forward to the day to have a hot shower... We have had lots of problems with our shower.

Ahh but there I go again, off on a tangent…but I wanted to thank everyone for the letters and email I received today... They truly meant more then words can say, and I really, really needed them. This past week was well... a guerra…or a battle here. We had baptisms planned for Sunday, and I felt like every day was a literal fight to help Rosa and Alessandra, and also Paulo and familia.

And Sunday... well... I don’t even know where to begin, but I will say that each Sunday is for sure the hardest day of the week. I am convinced that Satan works all through the night Saturday night to stop our weeks progress…and Sunday he truly pulled out all of the stops. Sister R. Silva and I both cried at different times yesterday as I watched, what it felt like, a lot of things fall apart.

In fear of being depressing- and I am laughing as I write this, this letter is so dramatic, haha... I apologize... but I really don’t feel like writing too much of what happened this past week. I guess it would just sum it up to say that I have spent a lot of time crying, a lot of time fasting and praying, as I have tried to even know where to start. And as I have pleaded to understand how to help- I have been reminded that this is a small price to pay. I am becoming acquainted with the Lord- I am learning to put all of my cares on Him, I am learning some of what He suffers as He holds and cares for each of us. His love is truly overwhelming, and as I have been reminded this past week that this is His work, He always knows a better way, and how to support me in it.

I am truly at a lack for words today, but please know that I have felt each of your prayers this past week, we did have an awesome day yesterday as well, its just that these joys where impacted by some of the greatest sorrows as well... But some miracles that I got to see was Jefferson, our baptism 2 weeks ago, recieved the priesthood and passed the sacrament. That was the most beautiful thing. Jefferson and Naiara are continiuing rocks, and it truly is amazing- they have spirits beyond their years, and they have experienced things in their lives that most adults will never experience. Benedito also had a special glow at church Sunday, we have continually worked with him! And also, Alessandra was baptized - after and amazing, amazing fight to help her have the faith to take this step. it was emotionally exhausting.. we have a lot of work this next week.

Anyways, I have the upmost confidence that this will be an awesome upcoming week- I am growing in my testimony every day of this gospel. This is such a perfect gospel, and the more I learn of it, the more I am amazed at the Lords love and plan for each of us! I am grateful for this chance to learn and to help others learn!

Nossa, I need to run. But I love you all, perhaps this letter was a bit down... but please know that we are still having a lot of fun, and just working really hard here! haha!

tchau,
Sister Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home