Friday, July 28, 2006

Sisters Forte Unite!!

Sisters forte unite!!
Jul 26 2006

Yay for another dia de prepração!! And guess what.. Only another two weeks left of the CTM! Wahoo!! Not that I don’t love it.. on that note, and before I forget, since it takes a good 10 days for mail to get here, Please everyone start sending letters to my mission address.. I think I listed it as one of my first blog entries. So send it to that one, and I don’t know about dearelder.com for later... So stay tuned for whether or not to use that once I get out to the field... but for now, you can write my mission address if you feel so inclined to write. (Which is always nice! Haha)

Anyways, I had a great, great last week... it was a bit of a wild weekend.. And when I say wild, I guess I should say that I was the one who was wild. Ha! I convinced my companion, tehehe, to start a huge pillow fight with the sisters on Thursday night. We borrowed ties from our district, tied them around our head, put mascara all over our faces like war paint, and then went around attacking the other sisters! It was an awesome, awesome pillow fight, and it just helped to have some crazy fun! And then the next night, we arranged a game night for all of the sisters- we played "sock wrestling" which is an ótimo game! Its kind of hard to explain, essentially the goal of the game is to tackle each other and use any means necessary to get socks off of other sisters, once you have your socks off, you are out. It was way fun, and again, only helped to feed the fire that Sister Donaldson and I are the crazy sisters! Haha...

But the cool thing is that everyone always talks to us, and so when we had an idea with some other awesome sisters to start this special fast this week, everyone listened to us. So the fast this week is not from food ( don’t worry that would never happen) it’s from English. Jejum de Ingles. We are only allowed to use English in district meetings, church meetings, and in companion study. Everything else; completely português. We have been so surprised at how many sisters in the hall have joined in- It has been really hard, but soo incredibly awesome! We have become so close to many of the Brazilian sisters as a result, because anything we say, has to be in portoguês. It is becoming easier, I actually feel guilty now when I talk in English. Haha.. I guess that is a good thing!

We also got new roommates this past week which is awesome!! I love them, they are so sweet and so patient with our português, we end up talking a lot at night. And I can actually carry on a full on conversation with them, using lots of different tenses- a dramatic improvement from our last roommates....who would teach us about colors and numbers. Haha. But we have loved all of our roommates. They are incredible!

I am getting so excited to leave in 2 weeks... Some of the sisters that I was really close to (Sister Domph and Sister Limburg) left yesterday for their mission, which was crazy. It made me realize how soon we leave, and made me sooo excited. I am getting anxious to leave, but luckily I have some major goals to complete before I can go... I am trying to read the whole Book of Mormon in português, out loud, before I go. This has taken a bit of interesting time management to get this done, and I have to read 30 pages a day to get it done- but it is awesome!!! I can feel the power of this book, even though I never know all of the words, I can still feel the spirit of the message. My português has improved dramatically the past week, what with this jejum de ingles, and also this reading o livro de Mormon outloud. It’s awesome!

My companion and I have become the best of friends- we are soo close, she and I have a lot of being wild, but we are also working really hard, and good at pushing each other. I am so glad that she will be out in the mission with me, so I don’t have to say goodbye to her. And she is from Provo, which means we will be at BYU together later! Hoorah!

Ok one last thought and then I am going to try to send pictures, I have been thinking a lot of how I can be a better missionary.. Oh wait, I am always thinking about that. haha, but anyways, as I pondered over that once again this past week, I was just feeling so grateful for how different we each are! Each missionary here may look the same, we all wear the same nametag, we all wear basically the same thing (granted some of us look worse than others ha!) and we all share the same message of the gospel. But we are all soo different- and that is a good thing!

When I think of how the Lord created the earth- he created each area so differently, and yet each area is soo incredibly beautiful in its on way. It’s the same with people, we are all each soo different, and that is what makes us beautiful- variety. We are each needed in this world- its ok that each of us has a different personality- we can use this to our advantage. I have been trying hard to mold more into the image of Christ, but in that quest I am realizing that there is strength in variety, and beauty!

I love each of you, thank you for your prayers and love.. I know they are helping. I am incredibly happy! Oh and I forgot to mention, Michael and I are continuing to have fun. He is so awesome at Português! And other missionaries are always telling me what an awesome teacher he is. It’s nice to have the best example in the world as your brother, and personally with me to start my mission! Wahoo!

Ok I am off! Muito Muito Amor do Brazil!
Love Sister Melanie Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home