Monday, March 05, 2007

Vichi Maria!! Mesericordia

Holy Cow, first off... in two days, yes in only two days, it will be my half way mark!!! Nine months on the mission. Misericordia, what happened to this mission? It is flying by so fast. I can’t believe it!! Sister Labadie and I were talking about how fast this last year has flown by for us... soo fast. And yet, I think this week I was beginning to see how much I have changed. Nothing huge you know, but just a lot of little things. And so you add up all the little things, and it’s a big change, sabe?

Here is a funny thing that Sister Labadie told me this week- She told me one day, I am so grateful for you because you taught me not to care what we look like. ahhhhhh.... hahaha. Ok, so yeah, I don’t really ever get ready these days. We honestly don’t have time! And it’s so stinking hot and so I just end up sweating like the first second after my shower. And it is still raining a ton here too... We had a really funny moment this week where the rain was so strong that it broke my umbrella and Sister Labadie’s umbrella. So yeah, add the rain, sweat, and the fact that we run a lot, we are quite a sight! But hey, it’s Brazil!!

But yeah, I would have to say that this last week was one of the greatest weeks on the mission for me. Saturday night was really special because there was a..... drumroll everyone........ ECLIPSE!! and a BAPTISM! ok no really, the great news was the baptism, the eclipse was just a double bonus. No, Saturday night we had the baptism of Lia and Danilo. I have yet to see anyone more prepared to be baptized then this family. It was such a special day. Saturday morning I woke up so early because I was so excited, and I couldn’t go back to sleep. All day Saturday we were so antsy, waiting for this baptism... ok wait, it was like that all week. They were counting the days too- we had a countdown chain with them!!

It was such a special night, and to think of how much I have seen them change in the last 6 weeks. They are so intelligent, and have really grasped unto all parts of the gospel. They are so excited to go to the temple in a year- they will be great leaders in the church, we could feel that as we taught them, and it was confirmed to us this weekend. The coolest thing too was that President and Sister Condie, our mission president, came to the baptism too... it was such a special night! They had asked us to sing Families can be together forever for the last song... and there were a lot of tears as we all celebrated together.

And then when we left, we saw the lunar eclipse, soo cool. And it just seemed like another reminder how great this life is. Sunday at church I was just honestly overwhelmed with gratitude. I use to think that joy was from winning a basketball game, striking out a girl in softball, beating everyone in cross country… you know, all those things. And while those are great… The joy that I feel now, the joy of knowing that these people will be going to the temple... this family last week, and Lia and Danilo this week.. These are events that I want from the bottom of my soul to see. The joy I feel is so unreal.

There were so many other great things that happened this week. The Lord is pouring his blessings upon this area; I know that a part of it is because of all of your prayers. I would like to share the other experiences, but I don’t even know where to start.

I know this gospel is true, and that real joy comes when we share it with others. The aunt of Lia, who lives in Idaho, is a member. She prayed for 32 years that someone would accept the gospel. And now because she had the courage to give us this reference, Lia and Danilo now have the blessings of the gospel- and their lives and the lives of their family will never be the same. Share the gospel with someone, success is in the invitation- not the reception- of the gospel!

Anyways, I have got to run, but I love you all!! Ate!!

Sister Melanie Felony Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home