Monday, February 05, 2007

The Eternal Pesquisdore (Invesigator) Bites the Dust

Yes that’s right! I am so excited because we had an awesome week this past week with the baptism of Eduardo... the eternal investigator that has gone through sets, and sets of missionaries. It has been over 5 years that he has been getting the lessons from the missionaries, and to be honest, I have no idea why we made the difference... ok well maybe its because we didn’t take no for an answer. We challenged him to baptism, he said sure, Ill baptized with you sisters but not now. So then we challenged him to have an interview... He said no. We then told him the elders were going to come with us for a "visit" and yeah, I know I was stretching the truth a little bit... he had to be pushed. It was ridiculous how much he was stalling.

So, the end of it was he had a baptismal interview, which are always, always miracles. I love these interviews- the elders always have such power to help the people who have doubts. So Eduardo ended up being baptized on Friday, confirmed on Sunday, and sooo firm!! He cried on Sunday during the testimony meeting because I know that he felt the spirit so strongly. And to see the change and the light that has come into his eyes, and to see the change in his mother too... when we first arrived they had so much doubt about prophets and Joseph Smith, and then now they want to set goals to go to the temple... its amazing! The spirit changes people soo much, and so quickly.

As far as the other awesome family- Lia and Danilo, they are continuing to progress.... the only problem is that Danilo wants to read the whole Book of Mormon before he is baptized.... They definitely want to be baptized, so its just a matter of time... we are praying for them to be baptized this week- because there is so much more power after they are baptized and have the holy ghost... its amazing to see the change that happens to people. We love this family so much though, Lia had a birthday this week and invited us over... it was her family, and just us! I couldn’t believe that they wanted us to be with their family on this day, but it is continually amazing how much love we feel in this area- the eternal family that we have because of the gospel is soo amazing. I love it so much here.

As far as other things that happened this week- we had an area conference like we usually have every transfer... the only difference was that they asked me like one day before to give a 15 minute talk at the end.... I couldn’t believe it. But I felt so blessed by the Lord- I was able to prepare the talk really quickly, which in itself was a miracle because I didn’t have time, and then I was able to give it… the thing I was most nervous about was my Portuguese... I don’t know why... but the Lord really helped and it went really well. It was really awesome to think about how much I have grown in Portuguese- the Lord really has blessed me with the gift of tongues... I have been so blessed this transfer to understand so much more, and it’s not because of my own skill, but because the Lord knows I need the help.

One last cool experience, its waaay hot here, but everyday it rains for like 30 minutes just buckets... and it normally has a disgusting hot breeze at the same time. I will never understand how you can be in the rain and sweating because of the heat... but anyways, yesterday it was raining, and as we were walking we saw a family huddled under a tree trying to wait out the rain... we ran over to them, and held our umbrellas over them... they had 2 adorable kids... and we ended up talking for quite a while... and at the end the mom ended up giving us her address... something she wasn’t willing to do at the beginning. The Lord works in so many ways, we truly never know how things will happen, but sometimes they just do.

Anyways, my letter is really, really missionarish today... But I am a missionary! I can’t believe it is quasi 8 months that I am on a mission. That is so weird, where on earth did these 8 months go? The time has flown by so fast... Anyways, I am so grateful for this chance to be here. I wouldn’t trade any of these experiences for anything, and I am so grateful for every experience and person I have had in my life... Every person, every experience, has truly come into play here on my mission. There are truly no accidents in life... just a lot of small miracles!

Anyways, I love you all soo much... Beijos!
Sister Monroe

1 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

Good work out there.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home