Monday, January 29, 2007

Singing in the Rain, Running in the Rain, Teaching in the Rain...

Rain... there has been a lot of rain here these past 2 weeks! I think I am going to finally break down and buy a big umbrella... they have ginormous umbrellas aqui, they are like size of a cane... basically half of my height. So they are kind of a pain when it’s not raining, but it has rained almost every day, so I am thinking it will be worth it.

Anyways, this last week flew by... I can’t ever remember a week going faster. It was so awesome though! We will hopefully have 4 baptisms this next week... and included in this will be my first real family (I already completed a family, but not like this) I am sooo, sooo excited! I am seriously so in love with this family too, they are so special.

Their names are Lia and Danilo, and they were a reference of a member in the US, and when we started teaching them, the first time we entered it was like dejavou... soo weird. Like Sister Labadie and I knew we had known them before... it has been like that every time... they are really, really smart- 2 doctors... and they love the church. Danilo already read 1 Nephi... and he wanted to buy Doctrine and Covenants... and Lia was helping us yesterday with our new pesquisadores that came to church with us... she told them "oh you will love the church." How awesome... it seriously gives me goose bumps every time we are with them because the spirit is soo strong. So their baptism will be this Sunday- and I am ecstatic!

We also have 2 other people who will hopefully be baptized... we have 2 pesquisadores, Eduardo and Giseille who have been visited by missionaries for years and years... we are talking like 5 years or so. Both of them already had testimonies of the gospel and were reading the Book of Mormon, but we have really just focused on being friends with them and testifying with the spirit. They have both accepted baptism for this weekend tambem! So we will keep working and fighting, but this next week should be awesome!

We also had interviews with Presidente Condie, I love interviews so much. I am continually amazed at how inspired our leaders are- in every part of the church... I also found out that our Bishop here in Iraja is a member of the 70.... yeah... I am soo glad that I didn’t know that the first week. I would have been so nervous for our meetings... now I have just accepted that’s how it is- and I am actually stoked because He is so inspired and really helps us with the work.

All of the members are so excited to help us- I never seen a ward like this in my life- they actually have gotten upset with us this week when we haven’t called them to go on lessons with us- we haven’t had time! haha... but it has continually amazed me this week at how many blessings the Lord has given me in my life.. I continually am amazed at how he helps me to testify... this past week we have had to testify in English- and now I know that the Lord has really given me the gift of tongues because he had to help me remember English. It was really hard. Who would have ever thought that English would be hard...?

I am so grateful for this gospel; share it with others! This week I have really seen the power of member referencias... We have such a responsibility to share the gospel with others around us. We never know who will accept the gospel- and now I can see that these 4 people who will be baptized this next Sunday ALL came because of members. It wasn’t us who did the work, the Lord allowed us to be here to help, but it was the members who did the work, and the Lord most of all.. How awesome is the mission- that the Lord allows us a chance to learn and grow, to laugh, to love, to cry, to study, to work, and then let us even think that we did something to help others... It is such a miracle!

Anyway, this is getting a little too serious for me, but I promise that I am still laughing and having lots of funny moments each day. We are still cleaning the apartment... Today we finally got off the mold on the shower doors... that would be 3 or 4 containers of bleach that we went through to make that happen... so yeah, looks like maybe we can start on one of the other rooms... haha. And I am so excited because Sister Condie says we can throw out the sofas in our apartment... I don’t know why there are sofas... they look like they went through a war first off, and there are things living in them. haha...

Anyway, its time to be off and get going, I love you all... thank you sooo much for all of the prayers and love I continue to feel from all of you- I am so grateful, sorry that I am really bad about writing back, but I really am so grateful!!!

Com Amor
Sister Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home