Monday, May 14, 2007

A Firme Alicerce

Querido amigos and familia,

Wow, well last night was fantastic because I got to call home for mother’s day, and I got to talk to my brother a little bit as well, which was otimo!! Michael speaks perfect Portuguese just FYI, I am way jealous. He always was smarter than me, so I guess its no real surprise.

It was great to talk to them, it made me realize how much I have changed, and also how fast the time is flying by!! Oh loca!!! 11 months!! Insane!! As I ended I said... well, until... December... wierd.

Anyways, the last two weeks have been incredible- here are some of the high points-

-I had to climb under a billboard... It was that or 10 more minutes of walking, and we didn’t feel like wasting time. there was 1 foot of space underneath- we all know I am tall so that was a stretch trying to get under there and squeeze through. I made it half way and then Sister Labadie and I died hysterically laughing. The funniest part is that there were all of these cars passing on either side, and here are these two missionaries, squeezing through this billboard. haha... and to think that last conference Sister Condie played a 'manners for missionarios' video. Oh brother. I think that applied to areas not in brazil.... because it really just doesn’t work here. haha.

-Cural... this is this corn desert that I am determined to master. Its just corn, milk, and sugar- you would think that it would be easy to make, but I have made 6 times in the last months without success! We will try tonight maybe for this pday... maybe I will get it. I love this dessert, and its so stinkin hard to make! But corn things are great- they have corn ice cream here, corn cake, and this cural- AMAZING... we will see how today goes!

-Que firme alicerce- How firm A foundation- I love this hymn- but it is not ranked as one of the funniest moments in my life... I hope everyone else thinks this is funny though- we were singing for Marina and her family, she has a grandmother- avo- who is waay old, and very sick. She loves it when we sing to her- but its really the only thing she understands. But anyways, we were teaching her and Marina, and she kept passing gas while we were teaching, and we just kept on teaching like nothing was happening- no big deal right... but then at the end, we sing 'que firme alicerce' for her.,.. and we sing two lines... and she farted the biggest thing EVER.... bigger then I have ever heard in my entire life.... sister
Labadie and I tried to stay serious for a few lines... but we didn’t make it... and ended up laughing so hard. So hard. We tried singing another song after, and ended up laughing. it was just so stinking loud.... anyone would of died laughing, I am sure. But yep, there you go Charity for the funny story you wanted last night, I hope everyone else thinks its funny... welcome to brazil!! (Mike, this reminds me of your rest home stories)

-Now that we have moved and are in this great house, we just found out that this area will be expanding- we are getting two more sisters here for this ward in one week- so we have to start looking for another house. moving again. haha... ahh we died laughing, because now we will have two houses to close up... brother. But its way good news, because we have sooo much work to do here- so I am excited!

-Marina and Marcia- Marina baptized last week and was soo excited and beautiful.. She was soo prepared by the Lord (She was the one we met by our telephone) And she just glows with the spirit. She is incredible strong. Marcia was baptized on Saturday, and Marcia and Marine were both confirmed yesterday together. It is cool because we met the two of them the same night, and they were both so prepared. Marcia reminds me a lot of Julie Warcup- she is hysterical, loud, and just great. She is looving the church, she always wants to sit way up close. So these two women are fantastic- really prepared by the Lord, and I am just grateful that the Lord put them in our paths.

-We are continuing to work with lots of people- we are teaching a few families right now that are incredible- one couple that we met because of singing on the onibus- yeah!! They are great- and we are also teaching our neighbor right now, Eliane. I am pretty convinced we only moved so that we could meet her. She’s incredible.

Ok, well I am running out of time here, and I have to run to the bathroom tambem. I am soo grateful for the chance I have to be a missionary... I continue to be amazed at how much I have grown, and yet how much I still lack... this work is so demanding, and I feel so weak and inadequate most of the time- but I am so grateful that I am only a little instrument in the Lords hand- this is his work, and it is Him that directs us.

Ok well I love you all, thanks for the support!!!
Com Amor
Sister Melanie Felony Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home