Monday, April 23, 2007

Um grande Mudança

Yes that’s right! We moved!!! Two weeks ago today Sister Labadie and I woke up and found more worms in the shower, and we about had it. We have tried every product and raid thing on the face of the earth... nothing. We were killing so many every day, but the next day- there would be more! So we called our Presidente, and he told us to move! Hoorah!! And I think the Lord wanted it to happen too because it was so incredibly easy to find another apartment, 2 minutes away, close to the church, less rent, 100 less Rais (that’s like 50 less dollars) to pay for energy, and its BUG FREE!! CLEAN AND NEW! It is amazing.

So this morning we got up super early, and we started moving. We had 3 men in the ward that helped us, and luckily we really didn’t have too much to move. At the end of our move we unfortunately opened one more drawer that we hadn’t opened yet in our house and found... like 10 pairs of old, old pants, shoes, smelly socks, and sheets that I don’t think where washed in 6 years. The stench was horrible... and I just laughed and laughed... oh elders. They never threw anything away! I don’t know who they thought would use these things! Shreds of fabric really... horrivél!! (ohh-heee-veil) (that’s how you say it in Portugues)

So anyways, we got all moved into our little new apartment. Yes. We are so excited... afterwards we took a quick little shower, and to our excitement, we found..... 1 worm!! ha-ha... I died laughing. All that moving and still worms... but no, this apartment is really, really better, and the shower is different so I really don’t think the worms are a problem. It was a different kind of worm so I am not too worried.

But anyways this is exciting. We are continuing to work really hard, we had a challenging week but still taught a lot. We have three women set for baptisms this Sunday- Michelle, Yvonne, and Pollyanna. These three women are amazing- Michelle and Pollyanna were 2 street contacts, pretty incredible how we found them. We are continuing to work with Carol, and praying that soon this boyfriend of hers can just move out! ahh!

Anyways, I am continuing to learn and grow as I am pushed. I am so grateful for the chance that I have to share my testimony everyday. The gospel is so wonderful. I am trying hard to learn and apply the principles of the atonement more and more in my life. It is such an incredible thing we have, to learn and apply this force in our life!

I love you all, thank you all for your support and love, take a shower barefoot for me... or just walk barefoot. I forget how it is!

Love
Sister Felony Monroe

PS. I almost forgot- two things. One, I ate raw meat. It was disgusting, I don’t recommend it. We had to though, it was at lunch and it was considered a specialty. It was like a dip kind of thing, you dip a raw onion in the raw meet. Nasty!! It was horrible....and the other funny thing, apparently I have been talking in my sleep in portugues. And I also laugh in my sleep. Sister Labadie gets a kick out of telling me what I say the next morning- and every time we use those words the next day we end up laughing so hard. The favorites have been "vamos ver" (we go to see)and "passou." (passed)

1 Comments:

Blogger B. Fidler said...

Hey there Sister Monroe,
I about gagged when I read about your shower friends. Yuck! Glad to hear that you were able to move into a new place quickly. So you think finding old clothes left by the elders is bad, just wait until you have a husband who refuses to get rid of things. Sometimes men are so weird. :) Glad to hear that you are doing well! Love, Bryanne

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home