Monday, May 21, 2007

Mudanças

Querido Familia e Amigas

Wow, so transfers came... And I stayed, and Sister Labadie went. It was a difficult parting, Lia and Danielo drove us there this morning to the center, and it was really, really hard for them. We all promised até Março, when we will see them in the temple. It was very bittersweet, and it was way special. It was awesome; because yesterday Sister Labadie and I got to be there when Danielo was ordained to the Mechelsidec Priesthood- I have no idea how to spell that in English or Portuguese. But yeah, that was one of the most beautiful experiences in my life, to see how this querido family has progressed in the gospel, they also gave talks in sacrament meeting, which was just plain incredible.

As far as other highlights, earlier in the week we were teaching Donna Lurdes, who has 81 years, and she is awesome! But we read the scriptures in 2 nefi 2:25, about "Adam fell that man might be, and men are that they might have joy." After we read it with her, she looked at us and said to us in surprise- "Well I want to know where Adam fell? How?" We laughed and laughed, and tried to explain to her that it wasn’t a rock that he fell on... but that it was a figure of speech... I was dying with laughter afterwards. But the cool thing is that Donna Lurdes came to church with us on Sunday and LOVED it!!! She cried all throughout it, and said that she was really, really touched. The cool thing is that she is Marcia´s neighbor, (who baptized last week) and so Marcia is helping Lurdes a ton!! It is awesome!! I love how the gospel unifies people.

We are working with a lot of people who aren’t married, but living together... we have a lot of people to marry... but we are doing our best to help them progress. We have a couple who had been watching us sing on the onibus for 3 months, and they never said anything. Then out of the blue we saw them on the street, and we invited them to come to church... And they are coming to church, and liking it a lot. But it was such a lesson to me that at times we don’t see the fruit of our efforts for months! way cool though!!

Anyways, my new companheira... drumroll please.... Sister Menezes.. a brasileria from Rio!!! She is awesome, way pretty, short, and way sweet. I am stoked!!! She will be so much fun, and she has 9 months on the mission, so we will be great together.... Gente, I can’t believe how fast the time is flying.

Anyways, I don’t have too much time here, because we have 4 sisters here in this area today who we have to help, transfer days are stressful at times :) But all is well, and I am happy to be here more time. We have a lot to do this week, I just found out we have to move houses again. Blast. This is just getting ridiculous, but I know why we moved, we had to find Elaine, our neighbor who we are teaching and has already gone to church twice. She is great!!

Ok time is up, I Love you all... beijos!!!

Sister Melanie Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home