Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Agua Phobic and Nefi appearing in dreams.

Yeah!! Feliz 28 de Maio!! Happy Birthday to my mother!! Thanks Mom for all that you do for me, you are fantastic, and I want the entire world to know... you have made such a difference in my life, in my testimony, in my attitude, in my talents, and in my capabilities... I am who I am because of you, and so I thank you!! Feliz Aniversario!! You are only 26 right? (You really could pass for my older, prettier Sister :) I love you!! Thanks for all that you do, you are 10!! (That is way a Brazilian phrase by the way) (And yes, this paragraph belongs in the blog, I want the whole world to know how incredible you are!)

Anyways, this past week flew by, it was absolutely fantastic! We had some pretty tough moments... one of them was being expulsed from a home by the son of a pesquisador... He was shaking from head to toe as he yelled at us for inviting his mother to be baptized and taking her to church... she is the 81 year old that came with us to church last week... He stood there, shaking, trying to make us leave his home, and he couldn’t even look at us in the eye because he knew he was wrong. I felt more sad for him then anything else, because he had noo idea what he was doing... He knew he was doing something wrong though, and as we left we looked at him in the eyes, and testified that the church was true, and that he was doing something wrong... and I began to cry... because it just hurt me to know he was rejecting something as incredible as this message. This isn’t the first or the last time this has happened, mas tudo bom, its just part of the mission.

In other really, really exciting news- we have been teaching Eva and her sons Filipe and Junior for a few weeks, and they are incredible!!! Eva is a... a droga I can’t remember this word in English... she makes clothes, and she sells them and she is incredible! I have never seen anyone with more talent to design clothes like her. She is amazing, and she has a love for the gospel. Her and her sons are truly elect, because they are searching and searching to know if the church is true, and her son Filipe had a dream, where a man appeared to him, telling him that Nefi was a prophet of God... When we talked to him the next day we asked him if he knew the Book of Mormon was true, and he said that he knew, with certeza, that it was true... we asked him who it was that was talking to him in his dream, and he said that it was Jesus Christ. Wow... after he told us that, I just felt overwhelmed at how the Lord really does answer the powerful promise in Moroni 10:3-5.. If we ask, he will tell us. It is different for everyone, but the Lord will respond.

We are doing great here- I am loving it here in Iraja, even if we did have to move again today. droga. We had to move back to our old house, it is sad, but at the same time so funny. I liked this other house so much... but the Imobeleiras are being stupid about it, something or other about us being Mormons, so we had to move.. back to the old house with worms... hahaha...we had it debugged, I really don’t know that word in English, I just learned it this past week as we called random people asking them questions about bugs...yeah its funny describing bugs in Portuguese and answering their questions on the phone... what size are they? Big. How big? I don’t know big... just come spray the house! Yes but what kind of bugs?... the kind that crawl around. Where are you from? Yes I know I have an accent... It was a detailed conversation for 10 minutes about bugs. misericordia.

In other news, I looove my new companion!! Sister Aline Menezes. She is 25, from Rio, and awesome. She is so little. She comes to my shoulder, barely. She is so fun though, and a hard worker and she teaches so well. And she is so easy going! This past week has been one of my favorites on the mission, we have soo much work to do, and have set some great goals- so vamos lá! My Portuguese is going to improve alot too! yay!

Anyways, I think that is about it... I have blabbed on enough, but I love being a missionary, every week that passes I just cant believe how fast it is going. I want to cry when I realize that it is going to be June this week. Rats. I have so much more work to do! So much more rice and beans to eat! So much more to walk! opa!

Com muito amor-
Sister Melanie Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home