Monday, June 18, 2007

"A new Woman" and "the Happiest Day in my life"

Well, this past week was INCREDIBLE! I took a deep breath after a lot of advice from family and friends about slowing down, and relaxing a bit...and had an incredible week. I am learning a lot about balance- about reporting to the master, and not worrying about what other people think.... Its so easy to stress in life, and I tenho certeza that Heavenly Father doesn’t like when we try to do so many things that we end up fainting... so these past 2 weeks I have been trying to be realistic, do everything I can, and leave it up to the Lord... and wow- this is really his work!! He has poured out blessings on us this past week!!

These two phrases I put as the subject line are from 2 incredible women that baptized on Sunday. The first was Eva, a woman we have been teaching for 5 weeks. She was definitely a fight- she had already been baptized 2 times, and really felt that the last time was valid. She has been going to church straight for 1 month, and we had invited her to be baptized so many times.... But these past 2 weeks we invited lots and lots of members to visit her, and we had an incredible visit with her with Danilo and Lia. They shared their testimonies and were glowing with the spirit... and Eva accepted to be baptized on Sunday. It was soo great being there with Danilo, because I sat there thinking of how it was exactly the same with him- a fight! And there he was, helping us fight again! I loved it!! Him and Lia are amazing.

Eva is an incredible woman, and we have no doubt that her two sons will follow her soon... they have already gone to church a bunch of times. Eva is a seamstress, and is possibly the most talented person I have met. She creates designs and sews whatever she thinks of. She makes the most beautiful things, and has started up 2 businesses these past few weeks. So she is AMAZING. And as she came up out of the water she was just glowing, and said "I am a new woman!" This has been a lifetime journey for her, 6 years ago she was sick of churches and the confusion, and she said a prayer that she wouldn’t go to church until someone knocked on her door. And then she would know that it was the Lords church. And the church had to be close, she asked as well. Well, 5 weeks ago we knocked on her door; it was a wrong address, but the right address and the right people realmente.(really) And the church is a short 5 minute walk. Wahoo!! She is amazing.

The next woman is Nadieji. She was someone who was completely prepared by the Lord. We talked to her grandmother on the street, and her grandmother gave her the cartao de amizade,(pass along card) and she called to receive the DVD, and impatiently waited. She is an amazing girl- she is only 15, but she is raising her 3 siblings, because her mother works all day. She takes them to church, and does everything for them- cooks, cleans, helps them with homework. She is amazing, a 15 year old with a 25 year old mind. She was so prepared by the Lord, and remembers everything we taught her, she was baptized yesterday even with a lot of opposition of her mother and neighbors. She is incredible, and told us that yesterday was "the happiest day of my life."

So this week was certainly a week that I learned that this is the Lords work. We do all that we can, think that these other people will progress, and the Lord really puts people in our path, that HE has prepared. The gospel is so true, so perfect! I feel so moved when I think of how I have had it my whole life, and taken it for granted. These people search their whole life, and when they find it, they give up everything for it- work, family relationships, success in jobs... everything! It is amazing.

We are still working with Ascencion, she was sick last weekend and so we couldn’t do much to teach her, we just visited and sang with her. We are also teaching a big family!! Yeah!! And have some other amazing, amazing people that are progressing. And all of this is what the Lord has done- because the more time I am out here, the more I realize that what I think, is not what the Lord thinks.

I love the mission, I love Brasil, I love rice and beans. Pretty much I can’t remember being happier in my life!! Thanks everyone for the letters and love, the letters I received this past week made me soo happy. Thank You thank you!!

beijos!
sister felony melanie monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home