Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Growing up at Last!

Wahoo!! So this last week was awesome, Rodrigo and Regina were married on Saturday, and baptized later that same day, and then confirmed the next day at church... it was amazing. There were of course lots of little stress things, like there always are... the font didn’t fill up all the way, so for 30 minutes we had to work like crazy filling it up with buckets, but I didn’t mind, it was really just funny. There was a man trying to take pictures of the baptism, even after we had explained to him that he couldn’t- and he left all hurt and bitter, but in the end it all worked out... the baptism was incredible.. and it was amazing to see the happiness of Rodrigo and Regina. Incredible.

They are so excited about the gospel, Rodrigo is studying up on the priesthood, next week he will be receiving it- along with Sebastião... which is way exciting. The two of them showed up to church in ties...ha-ha, I loved it. It is so funny to see how the gospel moves people. Rodrigo received a job offer this week, but turned it down because he would have to work on Sunday... what great faith in action!

We finally marked the wedding and baptism of Tatiane and Francisco! yay!! They were so happy- the two of them have had dreams about the church, and are super firme... We went with them to the cartorio on Thursday... I was so nervous that the documents of tatiane weren’t going to arrive in time, but a miracle happened and they arrived on Wednesday; we went to the cartorio on Thursday... and marked the wedding and baptism the last weekend I am here... phew. So it will be on Saturday December 15... I felt soo blessed to be able to see all of this, to see the miracles that are happening in the lives of these two families... I love them so much. It is incredible to see the blessings that immediately happen as they begin to prepare for baptism- Francisco received work; him and Tatiane are no longer fighting... Franscio is no longer drinking, and things are waay better in that family. And they are just so happy.

I feel so blessed to see how the Lord truly has His hand in the work, and prepares people for the missionaries... I have been overwhelmed to see how these two families have changed so much- Rodrigo and Regina, and Tatiane and Francisco. I feel a great love for them, something that is so hard to describe... a love that is eternal, a love that I feel for so many dear people here in Brazil. These are eternal friendships that the Lord is blessing my life with.

We are also working a lot with some other amazing people, and praying that they can all progress and make the commitment to go to church. There is so much to do, I feel a little bit overwhelmed really, with all of the responsibility and things I feel that need to be done, but I have come to accept that this is apart of life. There is always more to do than we have time, and more responsibilities to fulfill than we have capacity... and its how we grow. Its painful, but at the same time, its awesome to see how the Lord’s work is really the Lord’s.

I am realizing just how much I have grown up... It’s quite funny training, because all of a sudden with Sister Gomes I can see how much I have changed. I remember how I felt when I arrived here on the mission, how there were soo many things that I didn’t understand, I had so many questions, not only about Portuguese... but about everything... and now its so normal... and yet at the same time, I can see how much I still have to change and grow... good thing I have my whole life- its a process of change, slow, difficult, and line upon line.

I hope this all makes sense... I haven’t been sleeping very well this past week... I don’t know if I am nervous or what...so if this is confusing, my apologies.

So yep- that’s how life is here in São João da Boa Vista. Absolutely fabulous and crazy... we are running a lot, I am hoping my shoes can make it- yesterday I had to tape my shoe shut to be able to walk... my other shoes split this week and we were literally running home to make it home in time... and so I was running on the asphalt... but the good news is, we made it home in time! ha-ha.

Ok I better go- love you all!! Happy Late Thanksgiving... I completely forgot that it was last week... it seems like I have been living in the month of July for the past year and a half, it’s so hot. ha-ha. So I forget that the months move. :) (That’s my lame excuse!) he he.

Com Amor
Sister Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home