Monday, November 05, 2007

Vou ser Mae!! (I will be a mom!)

Ok so big news- On my last transfer here in Brazil (crazy) I will be training! Wahoo. In mission terms we say that you will be a mom, because when you arrive on the mission, you are born, you are a filha (daughter) and then we you train you are a mom or dad (mae, pae) and then when you finish the mission you die... and your last companion kills you... I know it all sounds so weird, for me it sounds soo weird in English. That last sentence is grammatically terrible.

But I am super excited to train, and I am soo excited to stay in São João da Boa Vista. This is the prettiest area that I have been in, it is in the interior and so the view is beautiful... lots of mountains, hills, etc. Last pday we went and visited a nearby city and waterfall, I ate food that I love- curau (a corn dessert that I love) and tapioca (which by the way mike eu sei fazer! acredito?) and so that was way fun.

Its funny because the last 4 transfers I just keep moving companions... with more than one year on the mission I had 2 areas and 3 companions, everyone joked about how I never moved... and now it just keeps moving. I was sad to leave Sister Cunha, we certainly were different, but I learned to love her. We did a lot of good, good work together. This last week we went with a couple to the cartorio and did the first part of the wedding... we set a marriage date, along with the baptismal date for November 24th.... yay!! They are such an amazing family; they love the gospel so much.

We also finally are on the last part of the paperwork for another family, Claudia and Silvio, so this week we will go with them to the cartorio,.. yay!! We also have another family, that came to church yesterday that are amazing.. that are also not married... i cant complain because it is amazing to work with families... especially when they accept the gospel, but wow.... it is so much work to get them married, but so worth it! So pray for these families for me! (Tatiane and Francisco, Claudia and Silvio, and Rodrigo and Regina)

It was funny, this last week it rained a tooooon, and one night we were with Rodrigo and Regina, and there was a huge storm, the roof of their house was shaking, I thought it would fly off any second, I was so nervous. The power went out- and Sister Cunha is afraid of lightning, and afraid of the dark, she jumped in my arms, and then after her the baby Nicolly jumped in my arms… it was a lot of people hugging me, and I was just trying to stay calm, waiting for Rodrigo to find the candles... when we could finally see, there I was, holding my companion and the baby... ha-ha.

Sister Cunha was so sad to leave all of these families, we cried a lot… but there is something to be said in the timing of the Lord, we never know what is in store for us in the future.

I am excited to be training, let’s see how my filha will be... she will be killing me..... crazy. The time passes so fast. Last night as we were riding the onibus to Riberiao for transfers there was the most beautiful sunset, brilliant red and orange... with misty clouds because of the rain, and vibrant green hills with plantations of coffee and sugar cane. As I looked out the window I began to cry. It hurts so much to think that one day I have to leave this beautiful place, and leave these people that I love. I love it here. As we teach these families, I feel like I am glimpsing into the eternities... there is a feeling so special... a joy so profound... I have never been so happy. I have never felt love so real or so profound.

So that’s about it, thanks everyone for all you are doing. I am so happy to hear that everyone is helping with the aftermath of the fires... my prayers are with you all.

com muito amor e carinho
Sister Melanie Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home