Monday, October 29, 2007

Fire Here and Fire There

Well... I don’t even know where to start.... I have cried, and cried, and cried as I have read all of the emails and looked at the pictures of the fire... I have been worried sick about it all week. So worried that I called Presidente Condie and received permission to call home to see if you guys were all right...

I called on Saturday but I could only remember 4 numbers... I tried all of them, the house, mom’s cell phone, dad’s cell phone... and the only number I could think of was Julie Warcup... I didn’t talk to her for very long, just a little bit to hear about the damage, which had lost homes... and to hear that my family was all right. I was soo sad to hear about the 18 families that lost homes in our stake, but I was completely overwhelmed with gratitude that it was only this... with all of the damage that happened; I cannot believe how much the Lord saved.

On Monday I knew about the fire... I was nervous, and I started feeling so nervous that I started feeling sick... we were walking close to the stake president, and he gave me a blessing, which helped me a great deal. Then the next day, we were teaching families in a neighborhood, and we walked by a house, that caught fire... we were the 2 and 3 person there, so we ran to grab buckets, and started helping to put out the fire... but we didn’t get there in time, the fire claimed all of the house, and we couldn’t do anything... Sister Cunha cried because she knew the family... I cried because I was thinking about this fire in California... and I was so worried about all of you.

But all of this week I tried to remain focus and calm, and remember that the Lord would do his part to help all of you... and that I had to do my part here... I worked as hard as I could... and happily, we have two families who we will be gong with to the cartorio this week to be married! well.. its the first step.. then in 2 weeks they will be married and baptized! yeah!! So that’s exciting... two families!! they are incredible, the Lord really did his part, we still have a lot to do.. Because Satan works so hard with families, and they live on opposite sides of the city, and so we have to walk a lot, work really hard, and help the progress and resolve doubts... all that jazz.

But yeah, I don’t have too much to say, my heart is quite heavy, I feel so sad for these many people that lost homes.

One good piece of news- Sebastiao, we was baptized last week, read the whole Book of Mormon in a week... he is now reading the guide in back.. Hah.. he also had a dream with Sister Cunha and I, leading him to a tree with fruit sooo white... we opened up the Book of Mormon, and read Lehi’s dream with him… to which he said this was his dream…and asked if we were reading his mind. Sweet things that happen because of the spirit. Sebastiao is so awesome; it is wonderful to see a man soo changed and so different.... He is just amazed with the gospel, he went on visits with us, and surprised us with how much he testified and urged others to come with us to church. Yeah!!

So anyways... my prayers are with all of you... keep on going, I know that the Lord will reach out and comfort all of us during this time. Thanks for all that you are doing to serve others during this time.

Sister Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home