Monday, September 24, 2007

A Surprise Transfer!!

Ok, so transfers came, and I couldn’t believe it- I was transferred!!! Holy cow!! I only stayed in São Jose do Rio Preto for 6 weeks, one transfer, and it passed soo quickly. I thought for sure that my companion, Sister Santo, would be transferred, because she had been there for 7 months, but, the Lord knows all, and now I am going to São João do Boa Vista. I know the names are really close- it funny because these are the two farthest cities for sisters in the mission. it was four hours de onibus this morning here to rebeirao, and now this afternoon we will be making the 4 hour bus ride to São João. They say this city has lots of hills.

My new companion is Sister Cunha. She is funny, and likes to surf. That’s all I know about her... so yeah, should be great!! It’s a small little ramo where I am going. So I am excited.

This transfer caught me completely by surprise. We had 3 baptisms marked for the next month, so I am sad not to be there to see it, but at least I got to help in the work. There is one young athlete who will be baptized next Sunday, Duda, who will be running (we hope) in the Olympics in 2008, how cool!! He is awesome, so that was fun teaching him. We talked alooot about sports, and I think because of my sport background I was able to help him a little. And we also helped Juliana, an amazing, amazing woman who I just love- who was all set to be baptized yesterday, and her husband didn’t let her. Very, very sad. So I was sad not to be able to see her baptism, but at least I was able to help her get very close... I am sure that she will be baptized soon, and that the Lord will find a way to help her husband.

It was very hard leaving Cleide and Angelica and Rodrigo, the family that was baptized while I was there. They cried and cried, and didn’t want me to leave. I felt sad to leave, but there is the quite peace that the Lord gives, helping me know that it is the Lords will that I go to this new area.

Its an interesting transfer, I had a lot of shock in it all, because I thought I would be transferred to São João the past transfer, but instead I went to Rio Preto one transfer, and now I will go where I thought I would be going. Does that sentence even make sense? portugues seria mais facil explicar.

I prayed and prayed yesterday that I could know that I did everything I needed to do in Rio Preto, and as I said goodbye to everyone, especially Cleide, I felt that I had done it all. Cleide said some special things to me, how she had needed especially me- which made me feel better about it all.

Its interesting how timing works out, the Lords knows all. Sometimes our life isnt how we would choose it- my mission hasn’t been how I would of imagined or planned- but because its the Lords work- it has been much better. He is at the head of it all- and so aonde te mandou erei senhor (wherever he calls me Ill go? something like that) that hymns is great.

One part that I loved about transfers was seeing everyone- My old companions. Right now I am sitting next to Sister Menezes, which makes me so happy, She is giving me all the news on Irajá... the last family that baptized- Adriano and Marines are doing great- Adriano blessed the sacrament the past two weeks which makes me sooo happy- and everyone is staying firm... I cried and cried to hear this, it made me so happy. And best of all- Lia came to transfers, and I talked to Danilo on the phone!!!! I was sooo happy. I cried when I saw Lia, and she talked to me and it was amazing. It makes you love every minute of the mission, seeing people growing in the gospel.

So that’s about it, I have no time today. i have to go renew my vista while I am in Riberiao- it turns out I am officially illegal. My vista stopped like a few months ago, and they forgot to get it all worked out. But don’t worry, I will just have to go take another mug shot in the police station and that will be that.

Ok I love you all!!!
beijos,
Sister Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home