Monday, July 30, 2007

Pneumonia...

Yes, this letter will be waaay quick and short because I am headed back to where I have been the past 5 days- bed. I have pneumonia, but the good news is that it is "light." Well that’s at least what the Brazilian doctors said. But it doesn’t appear to be light to me. I have had a fever straight the past 6 days, and I am coughing up a lung. Lungs are quite sensitive I am learning. (Jennifer Sattley, I have been thinking a ton about you, you are amazing!)

Anyways, but the Lord is continuing to bless us in unexpected ways. A pesquisador that I have been teaching since March, Elaine was baptized yesterday!! I am convinced the only reason we moved houses was to find her. We moved to the other apartment, began teaching her, and then had to move back, but we continued teaching her until she FINALLY had the courage to be baptized yesterday. It was amazing. Our bishop here really helped as well, He helped give her that final push that she needed from someone else besides the missionaries. Yay for members!

The Lord has been so good to us, we are still waiting for the marriage of Adriano and Marines, they are sooo excited to be baptized in 2 weeks. Adriano watched the baptism yesterday, and afterwards asked if he could use floaties when he is baptized. Ha-ha. He is hysterical.

Anyways, I am doing well; I am soooo grateful to be on the mission. This is something that I am really realizing right now as I can’t work like normal. I am dying to make contacts, teach lessons, bare my testimony... anything!! Ahh, the mission is the best.

Ok love you all, don’t worry too much about me!

Love Sister Melanie Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home