Monday, July 23, 2007

Smoking like a chimney

I have never been around so much smoke in my life. But its all good, because we are helping a lot of smokers stop!! A few weeks ago my companion and I took away 17 packs of cigarettes, took them home and destroyed them. Yesterday, this same woman who smoked like a chimney, Cleide, was baptized!! Wahoo! She is amazing!!! She has been cutting down on the smoking until she finally had the courage to stop... A group fast also helped her find this strength, and it is amazing to see the light that has been growing in her face. She was soo happy as she was baptized yesterday, and her daughter Marines, cried with joy as she watched- she will be baptized in 3 weeks after her casamento, um, marriage is official.

We learned a lot about cartorios this past week as my companion and I went with Marines and Adriano to help them get married. It’s a funny process, but it’s halfway done, Wahoo!! They are super excited to be married, and be baptized, and it will be my first Brazilian wedding. Should be interesting. But they are an amazing, amazing family, who wait for us anxiously every night... because we are always running late. Oops. But one night this week when we didn’t visit them, they sat around reading the scriptures. Wow! Please pray for Adriano, he loves to drink, and badly, badly, wants to conquer this so he can be baptized, and can be a good father. This couple is amazing, and I feel so privileged that the Lord has allowed me this experience to know them.

I truly don’t have too much to say today... other then I accidentally took the wrong onibus this week, oops. Luckily we got off quickly and had to run back to catch the right one. My comp nearly killed me. hehehe.

I am very happy, completely tired... P-days all I want to do is sleep... it’s funny because at the beginning part of the mission I never understood because missionaries just sleep on P-days... now I know. I feel so wiped out I don’t even know what to think. But it’s a good feeling.

Once again, I just feel so privileged to be on a mission. I have never felt so close to the Lord in my life.... everyday there are a billion of experiences that I don’t even know where to start. I am so grateful for this gospel- it is so perfect. I am so flawed, and I feel like the more I am here, the more I see that I have to grow and change. I loove this gospel, I love the scriptures... it’s all awesome!!

Give away a pass along card, its not hard, and it could change someone’s life!!

Love you all!!

Love Sister Melanie Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home