Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ainda sou louira

So yeah, I may be a missionary, but I am still waay blond. Vichi maria. I just had to laugh at how many blond things I said or did this past week. As my skill has grown in Portuguese, You would think that I would say things better, but then I realized, wait, I say stupid things in English, of course I will say stupid things in Portugues, And I do. We have a fun time laughing about it. This last week i said "Nossos coraçoes são molhados." I meant to say "molhe"... The difference is that I said our hearts were wet, and not soft... yeah, that’s just one of the many language blunders that happened this past week. ha-ha.

Então, it is awesome being with 4 sisters, we are having a blast. I feel sad at times not being able to work with Sister Menezes- she is amazing, and I just love her, but at least I get to see her every morning and night, and accidentally at times during the day. ha-ha. But I looove my new comp- Sister Feijó. She is from the South, a bit quiet, and white, like me!! She teaches awesome, and has a great understanding of the mission. We are teaching ate o po!!

It is fun because with 4 sisters we are able to teach in areas that we didn’t have time to teach before. We have another city that is in our area- its funny because my two areas are way strange- they both had other cities in the area. We have one member family that lives there- they are recent converts, and amazing people. But this past week Sister Feijo and I had a chance to do some teaching there in Bolfim Paulista, this little city. The people there are sooo prepared, and its exciting being in an area where there have never been missionaries. We are teaching an awesome, awesome family there, so we are super excited, let’s see what comes of that.

We are also continuing with Elaine, she is this awesome person we have been teaching for like 4 months or so, I am convinced that we only moved to find her, because we ended up having to move back, but the good news is that she is SLOWLY progressing...we will see if we can push her a bit here... pray for her please. She is way awesome though. (Just has fear of baptism. ugh.)

I celebrated 4th of July with Sister Seastrand, another American that is comps with Sister Menezes, as in we said- happy fourth of July! ha-ha.. We made cookies this past week though...hmmm... That was fun.

In other news, I am sleeping on the floor, because we don’t have room for 4 sisters, but its all good. The Lord really blesses us to sleep wherever we need to on the mission. I am living out of a suitcase, which is also exciting... This house really doesn’t have space for 4 sisters- but we are all easy going, so it hasn’t been hard. It feels like a sleepover really, except this is the first sleepover in my life that is 6 weeks long, and that we have to be asleep at 10:30 and wake up at 6:30- hahaha.

The ward here told me that they are going to transfer my records here; I have been here so loong... hahaha. Its already been 6 months here, and will be at least 8 months! Crazy! And really its true that every transfer passes faster and faster, I can’t believe how fast its all going...ahh! The mission is awesome, and Brasil is ótima.. I really don’t have too much to say, I think I am just rambling, time to close things up.

I love you all!

Sister Melanie Monroe

Ps. Ok so this is funny, I think it’s a result to sleeping on the floor- So one of my good friends Brittany got married on Saturday, and Friday night I thought about it before I drifted off to sleep... and I had the weirdest dream. Brit- you had a red wedding dress in my dream, waaay weird. And we were in Brazil as well, the first red brazil wedding I have seen. This bit about receiving revelation through dreams is definitely not me.... haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home