Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Transferencias! 4 Sisteres Aqui!


Woah!! Wow, I don’t know how it is possible, but the time has passed so incredibly fast, and this transfer flew by!! And- we had transfers today and.....I stayed!! wahoo! I was so excited. Yesterday just waiting for the news, to know if I was transferred just made me sick. I have been here for 6 months, and so I was super worried.. And so I was super excited to know that Sister Menezes and I, both of us! are staying... só that now we have 2 new companions. We have 4 sisters here now! wahoo! So my new companion is Sister Feijó. She is amazing. I am really sad to not be companions with Sister Menezes, I just loooved her, it was one of the best transfers of my life- but I am really glad that I will at least be in the same house as her, and we will see each other often. I have no idea how we are going to divide up our pesquisadores, we have some great, great people that are progressing... but the Lord knows, so we will see.

and this past week was awesome!!! Filipe was baptized on Sunday and it was SOO great. He was the same guy that had a dream about Nefi about 1 month ago, he has been going to church steady for 6 weeks, and saw his mom Eva get baptized 2 weeks ago, and he was still resisting... but this past week, he was so touched that as he announced to us on Thursday that He would be baptized, he began to cry. It was so incredible, and I felt so grateful to see how the Lord prepares people.

Last night I had one of the most incredible experiences of my life, there are no words to describe what happened, it is something that will have to wait for after the mission. But I was able to see the power of the atonement at work in a good friends life here. I just wanted to talk a little bit today about the atonement- not to be preachy or anything, but yesterday as I reflected about how lost each of us is without Christ, I could see how much power the Imigo (Satan) has. I think it is C.S. Lewis that said that we know the power of things working against it, not giving into it, its like the wind- we know the power of the wind when we are walking against it, not when we give in and lay down... It is the same with me; I have learned the power of Satan more and more here on the mission as I have fought against him. He is so real, but Christ is just as real. He lives. It is he that binds us, that heals our wounds, that cures us- spiritually, physically, it is He that is our Savior. He pays the price and tears us from destruction and captivation....I am so grateful for Him, I know that he lives, that He is our advocate in front of our Father. I am so grateful for the atonement, and I just wanted to talk a little bit about it today...

I love you all, thank you for all your support and love. I love being a missionary, and I never will stop being a missionary. I will come home from the mission, and I will have to give up this badge, but each of us has this call- to call and save our brothers and sisters- to help them know the power of Jesus Christ- to help them know the power of the atonement in each of their lives. Share the gospel!!

Beijos!
Sister Melanie Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home