Monday, July 16, 2007

Loira de Novo? Eu nao acredito!

loira de novo?? eu não acredito!

Yep, blond again. I know that this is what I wrote about last week, but this week was soo much more funny. I don’t know what happened. ha-ha.

I had a week full of blond adventures, heres a few that happened-

-I had to climb under a billboard.... for the second time... but its like 2 feet of space... way small... and there is me, way tall, with my skirt and bag , climbing on my knees again, squeezing under this billboard. but it saved like 10 minutes, way better. But once again, (cough, cough) definitely NOT one of the guidelines of how to properly be a missionary. oh well.

- The same day I had to climb over a huge wall... ha-ha. We were in a new city that is close, and the area we had to teach was the other side of a wall, it was like the wall the separates the highway, I don’t know what this is in English. But yeah, we had to cross the highway, climb over the wall, and then run to the other side. And I was laughing hysterically the whole time.

- Presidente Condie changed the rules that we have to wear button up shirts with collars everyday... I about died. i went from using it about once a month to everyday... groan. But don’t worry, I am adjusting, we went to some thrift stores and I bought some of the ugliest, ugliest bottom up shirts I have seen in my life. I look like an 80 year with these shirts, and like a member of the asemblia. (only mike will get that joke, sorry folks) ha-ha, but whatever. I am following the rules! haha. But its way hotter, I don’t know how the elders do it with ties. i would die. Thank goodness to be a sister.

-ahem, entao, with this rule, I have a bit of a problem; a few of these buttons don’t stay closed. Its quite embarrassing to be teaching and look down, and there is the shirt, that is opened up for no reason- these shirts are huge on me- so its just that they are incredibly retarded. Ahh, there is nothing to do but laugh. ha-ha.

-I talked in my sleep the other night, I was making small chat, in Portuguese of course. Sister Feijó said that I began asking this woman what her name was; how long she had lived there... sister Feijo of course began to laugh.

-This week as we sat down to teach this lady for the first time, we made some small chat, and then I started to introduce myself. I told the lady, "então, eu sou sister Feijó e ela é sister Fei...." (Ok, so I am Sister Feijo and this is sister Fei...hey!) I totally botched up our names, I have definitely never done that before, introduced myself as someone else, ha-ha... we starting laughing so hard, and we didn’t even make it through the hymn afterwards without laughing. Sister Feijo wanted to kill me, i was laughing so hard. ha-ha, but such is the joy when you have a way blond companion.


Anyways, that was my funny week. We still worked incredibly hard, and have some AMAZING people that we are teaching. We are here in the center because we are preparing the marry a couple tomorrow so they can be baptized!! wahoo!! Marines and Adriano, they are hysterical and awesome, awesome people. Today Sister and I will start the process, and then tomorrow they will be with us to sign papers and stuff, and then in 3 weeks the paper will be released and they will be officially married and then can be baptized! wahoo!! So that is exciting, Pray that everything will be right, marriages here are so complicated because it all depends on the lame judges, as mike knows.

- We are also teaching the mother of Marines, she is awesome; she just has to stop smoking. Last week she gave us 17 packs of cigarettes, she smokes more than a pack a day- it was awesome. She is still smoking, but a lot less, so we are working really hard with her. Claide is awesome! Pray for her.

- We have another stubborn, stubborn pesquisador, much like Danilo and Eva and Filippe, she believes in the church, goes to church, loves everything, just doesn’t want to get married yet.... ugh. And some members started talking to her, telling her that Brigham Young waited 2 years to be baptized. Thank you soo much for that. (Dripping with sarcasm in that..) But oh well, we are marching forward with Elaine, and hopefully we can get her this week. I have been teaching her for 5 months... which is A LONG TIME in Brazilian standards,... but she really is awesome, very timid for a Brazilian, and shy, but I am sure that soon she can overcome her fear and be baptized too.. She had a lot of her answers responded on Sunday, it was amazing to see how the Lord is so perfect that he answers prayers of everyone at church, the speakers ALWAYS talk about things that our pesquisadores need to hear. it never ceases to amaze me, because they of course have no idea.

Well, that’s about it for my blond week, had interviews with the President again, which is always fun. misericordia its going by so fast. Kind of freaky. I love you all, thanks for the letters, love, and prayers, it makes a difference!

Beijos!!!
Sister Melanie felony Monroe (Or Fel Gibster.. hehe)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home