Monday, August 06, 2007

Eu fui Internada - I was Interned

Então.... things have been a little bit exciting in the past week. I was hospitalized because of my pneumonia, the drugs they were giving me were not working and so I was getting worse. It ended up that I had to travel 4 hours north to a city São Jose do Rio Preto, where there is a member of the church that is a really good, good doctor. So my companion Sister Feijo and I traveled to Rio Preto where they did a bunch of tests, and I was hospitalized. They started an IV, meds.... the usual stuff. And, it all started working. After 2 days, I was feeling a lot better and so they let me leave. I was soo happy!

So the good news is that I am getting better, my cough is alot better, and even though I am still tired- I get tired way easily, I am taking some powerful meds that are helping a ton. yay for medicine and doctors.

We even had a little bit of time to work this week- We work for a little bit in the morning, we go back home and I sleep a little bit again, and then we go back out in the afternoon. It’s a bit weird, but I am grateful to work a little bit, no matter how small it is.

With all of this I am learning that this is the Lords work, not mine. I don’t know how, but he is still preparing people for us. We are super, super excited because Adriano and Marines will be getting married this Friday and getting baptized Saturday. They are super, super excited, and it makes me soo happy to see how much they have grown. They tell everyone that they are “Mormon” and tell everyone that they love the church. Adriano was sad last night because he told us how many times Elders had asked him for his address, and he waited and waited for their visit, and they never visited him. But I guess everyone has their moment- and now it is their turn!

So anyways, I am as Michael always says "healthy, happy, and terrific." well, I am almost healthy, one more week and I hope I will be there. Thank you everyone for your prayers, there was a distinct moment when I wasn’t feeling so well when I had the distinct impression that my family and friends were praying for me, and because of that I would be better soon. Thank you.

I love you all!
Sister Melanie Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home