Monday, August 20, 2007

Feeling Better at Last!

Yay... once again the week has passed by way too fast. I am feeling more and more anxious at the way time is passing in this year, and more inadequate in writing in English. That last sentence I wrote was terrible. I am going to have to take an English class for sure when I get back. I saw an American yesterday, and once again, had great difficulty talking to her. I say stupid things like, how many years do you have?

então... seria tão mais facil escrever em portugues, mas só mike ia entender. tudo bom. Ok so I am super, super excited because I am finally beginning to feel better!! Wahoo!! I think that maybe this week I will get to work normal, we will see... I have to go to the doctors again today and see... but the good news is..... I do not have tuberculosis! Yes, that’s right, the doctors here thought the past 2 weeks that I had tuberculosis, I had to do a bunch of exams... one that was a mini surgery and supposedly "10 minutes", but ended up being 2 hours that I was put to sleep... my companion wasn’t with me and nearly had a heart attack when I was gone for soo long. Ha-ha. Poor thing. But yes, all the results came back well; I do not have TB... thank heavens, just a very, very bad case of pneumonia. Apparently there’s a nasty case of pneumonia that is going around Brazil that looks identical to TB when they do the X-rays and cat-skans and all that jazz. And the good news is that my body seems to be finally responding to everything and I am feeling a looot better. I still feel tired, but not like I was feeling beforehand so its all wonderful! I am happy, terrific, and almost healthy! I think its really quite funny that they thought I had TB... I remember when I was leaving my Boss (Hi Dave!) told me, wow, I cant wait to see what you pick up there in Brasil.....we all know that I have a weird, weird, history of being that .01% case that gets the weird sickness or has the weird reaction. Ha-ha, and it just continues. When I went back to the hospital, all of the nurses were like, you again? Ha-ha. But the good news is, its pretty much all passed!! Wahoo!

Well that’s not really too exciting, so I’ll get down to telling about this new area. Its a really pretty city here, São Jose do Rio Preto, we have a good area, a good ward, and I have a good companion, Sister Santo. She’s from Pernaboca, that makes the second companion I have had from there- she lives in a city Olinda right on the beach. We both miss the beach :( But anyways its funny because we were both born (mission terms) in the same area- Porto Ferreira. She was there with my old companion Sister McCallister before I got there, and she was transferred when I got there. So its fun to work with her, she was also a nurse before the mission...so really Pai Celestial had it all worked out for me.

Funny story, we were teaching a pesquisador on Saturday night, and we were singing a hymn when the house began to shake and shake and shake. I stopped singing and nervously grabbed the chair- it was an earthquake! I couldn’t believe it! Well, at least I thought it was.... Turns out there is a train that passes behind that house, and the house shakes violently every time the train passes by. I nearly died laughing afterwards. And my companion and the family we were teaching laughed even more than me for a good hour. But it seriously did feel like an earthquake, if another Californian had been there with me, I am pretty sure they would of thought the same thing. And the blondeness continues...

Oh yes, speaking of blonde, I am now a brunette. My hair was getting so burned and sooo bad that I needed to paint it darker. Too bad its already turning a bit blonde again because of the sun.

We are teaching some great new people, I have been a bit lost this whole week, but its great! I am super excited about this new area, I already feel that there is a lot of work to do... we already have a bunch new people, vamos lá!! The great thing about being in a new area is that you have to once again, rely on the spirit to be guided and know what to say to people, members, recent converts- because I don’t know any of their problems, worries, etc. It is great saying things to people, and then afterwards thinking, wow, I don’t even know why I said that...
The spirit is the most amazing thing!!!

Ok got to run...Love you all, good luck with school starting... how is it already time for school to start ? Que Tristeza.. Thank you everyone for your prayers for my health, they made a huge, huge difference!!

Beijos!
Sister Melanie Monroe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home